About the Founder
Ly H. T. Pham
With over thirty years of deep, yet diverse, experience as a system software technologist, senior level executive, management consultant, faculty member, entrepreneur, and board member, Ly has gained unique insights into solving difficult strategic and operational challenges, growing or divesting businesses, and mentoring individuals and executives to nurture and grow their career. She has also led both small and large private and public companies with teams dispersed globally in Asia, United States, and Europe. She is a co-inventor of ten granted patents that have produced over a billion dollars in licensing revenue for various companies.
Prior to Mobiscale, she was CEO at Bluekey Services Inc. and Turbolinux Inc., SVP at Cray Inc., COO at Onscreen24, CTO at Vtel corp., and held other senior management roles at Apple Computer Inc. and Wang Laboratories, Inc. She was a venture advisor to IDG VN, a venture fund investing in Vietnam. Ly received a B.A. in Mathematics, an M.S. in Information Systems from Boston University, a Presidential/Key Executive M.B.A. from Pepperdine University, an M.A. in Human and Organizational Systems and a Ph.D. in Human and Organizational System at Fielding Graduate University, with a concentration in Information Society & Knowledge Organizations.
Ly enables individuals and executives to become “Zenterprisers’, a term she coined to describe a new type of leader who can harness the complexities of this next revolution in human interactions in the highly mobile, interactive and global environment. Zenterprisers are those who know how to bring the traditional enterprise to the next level, “zenterprises,” which have a new sustainable competitive edge from experiential knowledge created through the global human interactions at the speed of local interactions. Ly brings to clients her:
- Deep expertise in managing and developing system software technologies and products in an open source or mixed operating systems environment.
- Extensive experience in managing and delivering on-shore and off-shore products and services with global teams across industries, geographies and cultures.
- Unique experiential knowledge to combine discipline and imagination to collaborate and solve key challenges (merger/acquisition, organization development, operational efficiency) and grow businesses (strategy, partnership, patents).
- Deep knowledge and expertise in building products and services with high quality user experience for traditional and Web-based applications and for systems from smart devices to supercomputers.
- Systematic approach to improve operational efficiency and values of intellectual assets.
- Strategic approach to develop and implement social media strategies to assist clients in maximizing their brand awareness and revenues.
- Authentic and personal style as a scholar-practioner, facilitator, speaker and mentor.
Besides serving clients, Ly has served as a director and chair of the audit committee of East Meets West Foundation, a non-profit organization transforming the health, education and communities of disadvantaged people in Southeast Asia, chair of the board of advisors for Vietnamese Silicon Valley Network, a non-profit organization focusing on being a premier global bridge among Vietnamese-interest professionals in the high-tech industry around the world. She is also a lecturer and mentor at several professional and educational organizations.